Journey Kids Ministry is here to partner with and equip parents in their role as the primary spiritual nurturers of their child’s faith. We strive to help kids and their families KNOW, LOVE, and FOLLOW Jesus Christ.
Our Kids Ministry is uniquely designed to minister to your child’s spiritual needs, as well as your own. We do this through two great programs at Journey Church: Our “Kid Connection” program and our “Family Connection” program.
- Engaging, faith-growing lessons for kids
- Safe classroom environments
- Screened volunteers
- Kids check-in system
- Celebration of important milestones
If you are new to Journey Church and would like to enroll your child in our Kid Connection program, here is some helpful information to help you get started:
- We offer classes for infants through 5th grade at both services (9:15 and 11:00)
- When you arrive, simply sign your child in at the Kid Check Table near Journey’s front entrance
- Our Kid Check team will take you to your child’s class
- We will give you 2 name tags and 1 claim tag. One name tag is for the attendance clipboard in your child’s classroom and the other is for your child. The claim tag is for you to keep and turn in when you pick up your child after the Worship Service.
- If your child has a difficult time adjusting to class, we will do our best to console him/her. If this is not successful, we will have the number on the claim tag put on the screen in the service so you know that your little one needs some mommy or daddy love.
Each classroom environment invites kids into an engaging setting focused on God as the main character of His Big Story and how each of us get to play a dynamic role in it. Here is a little of what to expect on your visit to Journey Kids:
- Nursery – Infants through 2 years Old (TRUBeginnings)
We provide a safe & loving environment for little ones as they begin to experience God for the first time. We realize that this is a big step for young parents to put their baby in the care of others so we are tender and caring with our littles.We also have a Parent Room for moms, dads and their little ones, which is located on the right side of the main sanctuary.
- Toddlers – 2-3 years Old (TRUBlessings)
We provide a safe & loving environment for toddlers to learn, discover and explore. Interactive activities help toddlers connect with the lesson of the day. They begin learning: Who God is, God Made Me, and I Am Special.
- Preschool/Kindergarten – 4 years Old – Kindergarten (TRUWonder)
Our preschool and kindergarten kids are given a chance to learn and wonder about God. They have the opportunity to explore through hands-on activities, exciting worship, and discovery of God’s word.
- Elementary – 1st-5th Grade (TRUStory)
We provide a fun, interactive and inspiring setting for our elementary kids. Each Sunday, our kids will participate in worship together through a creative telling of the Big God story, singing together, participating in hands on response stations, small group time and relationship building.
- Parent Room for parents of babies
- Weekly and Monthly Parenting Resources
- Parenting Courses Offered
- Connection Events for Your Family
- Adult small groups